Saturday 4 February 2012

Georgia Anne Muldrow as Jyoti/Ocotea

GAM’s (we all call her GAM yeah? Good) alter ego Jyoti is an opportunity for her to explore some instrumental beats without the restrictions of any conventional song structures. And boy does she do just that. Opening track The Black Mother is amazing, starting with deep bass and reverbed up beats it then starts to drag you in like a seductress that won’t let go. You are then completely at the mercy of some stunningly original music, the sort that reinvents itself and creates its own logic as it goes along. I loved it the first time I played it and it gets better and better. I reckon it was my” album of 2011” although some pedant will come along and tell me it was released in 2010. Cuh. Album of the week any road.

No comments:

Post a Comment