Friday 13 January 2012

Destroyer/Kaputt

Right this is the “album of the week that I just cannot nail down”. I picked it as it featured in plenty of end of year lists for 2011 so I thought I would give it a go. For the first few plays all I wanted to do was list down who it reminded me of. But it kept changing. A chord sequence from a Go-Betweens song; a song that sounds like something off a late period Prefab Sprout album; the singer doing a Stuart Murdoch of Belle And Sebastian impersonation...and so it went on. I reckon there is some New Order (not just the lyrical reference), Japan and Roxy Music in there as well. But then there are songs that don’t sound like anything I have just written.
What it is, though, is very well put together and some of the lyrics are excellent. But some are shite. I really have no idea whether I like it or not. But it has left a very strong impression on me either way. Interested in opinions here. Help me out!


Destroyer – Kaputt 

No comments:

Post a Comment